On Monday, December 3, 2012, the way you access your Department of Labor Unemployment Insurance online account changed. Read more about this change.
Coming later in 2013: A web-based system called SIDES (State Information Data Exchange System) will allow employer agents/claims administrators and employers to respond electronically, automatically and securely to requests for unemployment insurance information. The benefits of SIDES include:
- It’s FREE.
- It saves time and money by reducing staff time, mailing costs, and the need for follow-up requests and phone calls.
- It helps keep UI rates as low as possible by reducing overpayments.
- It provides an electronic, nationally standardized data format.
- It includes data checks to ensure the exchange of complete and valid information.
Employer agents/claims administrators – please note: SIDES has specific system requirements, which are available on the SIDES website. We suggest you check these requirements now so you are prepared to use SIDES when it becomes available through the NYS Department of Labor website. Information specific to SIDES implementation in New York will be posted on our website as it becomes available. If you have questions about the implementation of SIDES in New York State, please call (888) 4-NYSDOL (888-469-7365).
Unemployment Insurance Online Services
UI Employer Information page features include:
- View your current and last three years' UI contribution rates
- See your profile information
- Check your active addresses
- View overpaid or underpaid balance on your account
- See if reports are missing
- View benefit charges made against your account and reproduce monthly notices
- File a Shared Work application
Department of Taxation and Finance online service features include:
- File a Quarterly Combined Withholding, Wage Reporting, and Unemployment Insurance Return (NYS45)
- Upload a Wage Reporting file
- File a Return of Tax Withheld Coupon (NYS1)
- Report a change of address
- Review requirements for filing your return
- File your quarterly return (NYS-45)
- Amend a filed quarterly return (NYS-45x)
- Unemployment Insurance contribution rate calculations
- UI rate tables
- UI related information
- Print or read Unemployment Insurance forms and publications
- Review registration requirements
- Complete your registration form
- Update your registration information
- Review program requirements
- Review plan options
- Apply for a Shared Work Plan
Review the following topics:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Audits and Collections
- Unemployment Insurance Coverage
- The Hearing Process
- Review the Unemployment Insurance Law and other legal resources
- Important dates for employers
- Common Unemployment Insurance terms defined
Thanks for the feedback! It will help us improve your experience.