Apparel Industry Task Force
Article 12A of the New York State Labor Law requires all Apparel Industry Manufacturers and Contractors to register each year by January 15. This applies to any firm that produces garments or accessories for garments in New York State.
Registration ensures that apparel firms meet basic standards, such as:
- Maintaining Workers' Compensation/Disability Insurance
- Providing Unemployment Insurance coverage
- Paying outstanding civil penalties
For details, read "How to Identify Garment Sweatshops" (a business guide for manufacturers and retailers).
- Learn about the NYSDOL Apparel Industry Task Force
- Application for Apparel Industry Certificate of Registration LS - 154
- Renewal Application for Apparel Industry Certificate of Registration LS - 153
You may contact The Apparel Industry Task Force (AITF) at:75 Varick Street
New York City, NY 10013
Currently 2534 Firms are Registered.
(database updated weekly)
Thanks for the feedback! It will help us improve your experience.