Skip to Content Skip to Navigation

Farm Labor Contractor Registration

Farm Labor Contractors and Growers who Employ Farm Labor Contractors:

Any individual who charges a fee to recruit, transport, supply, hire, or supervise farm or food processing workers on behalf of a third party is a Farm Labor Contractor and must register in New York State. This may include crew leaders, crew bosses, and supervisors who engage in the aforementioned activities. Registering as a Farm Labor Contractor in New York State is free. Please see the below registration guidelines and tips, as well as a general Farm Labor Contractor manual. The application documents and other instruction forms are also available below.

Manual and Guidelines

Download our Farm Labor Contractor Manual and Guidelines document.

Farm Labor Contractor Manual (English)

Registration Guidelines (English)


For more information

For questions, contact us by E-mail or call Caylin Gwise at 585-258-8855.




Registration process

If you are unable to download any of the forms listed above, we can send them to you by E-mail or by mail. To request a registration packet or for questions, contact us by E-mail or call 877-466-9757.


Registration timeline

Below is a recommended timeline for completing FLC registration with New York State:

Before Work Begins



FLC and employer begin communication to discuss season and contract terms


Obtain required forms to submit with application. Begin application process.

By April 1st 

Once the registration is complete and ready to send to the permit unit in Albany, the Foreign Labor and Agriculture Specialist may be able to provide you with a temporary registration card that allows you to work in NYS until your permanent card arrives. You should request the temporary card if you plan to start work immediately. If you need a temporary card, you must provide the Foreign Labor and Agriculture Specialist with a copy of the completed registration and insurance documents for review:

  • Fax: 585-339-9457
  • Email:
  • Rochester Works
  • 276 Waring Road
  • Rochester NY 14609

    Work can begin with the temporary permit issued as above.

    Your official permit will arrive within approximately 2 weeks.




For more information

For questions, contact us by E-mail or call 877-466-9757.

Thanks for the feedback! It will help us improve your experience.